Oily skin: care and treatment
The main reason for the high fat content of the skin is excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. The excessive production of sebum leads to a greasy film on the face, the obstruction of the light of the sebaceous glands of the congestion , rash and worsening of the skin.
Why the sebaceous glands start producing excess of sebum? This activation set. Here are the main ones.
- The excess of testosterone. This is the most common cause of oily skin the most typical of adolescence, when the body starts powerful hormonal changes. In the majority of cases, already at the age of 25 the testosterone level is normal and the problem is eliminated independently. Hormonal imbalance can be observed in different phases of the menstrual cycle or during pregnancy.
- The genetic predisposition. This is due to the peculiarities of hormonal and nervous system function, and cannot be corrected. In these cases, the owners of oily skin is necessary to master the characteristics of the daily care of this type of skin.
- A poor diet (fast food, fatty, sweet and salty foods, the excess of preservatives, etc.). This is the reason for oily skin is due to a dysfunction of many systems and organs, and get rid of him, it is only possible to correct your diet.
- Frequent stress or depression. This because of fat from the skin due to disruption in the functioning of the nervous system. To get rid of her for a change of attitude problems, a positive attitude or treatment of disorders of the nervous system.
- An alteration in the functioning of internal organs, thyroid, intestines, stomach, pancreas, etc. Many of the internal organs diseases lead to metabolic disorders or hormonal disbalance, the sebaceous glands start to work in a mode of emergency. To get rid of this means that you need to undergo treatment for the underlying condition.
- Frequency of use of cleaning agents based on alcohol. Under the influence of alcohol-containing tonics and lotions the epidermis is actively dewatered, and in response, the sebaceous glands start to produce a greater amount of fat. To get rid of this it is sufficient to choose the appropriate tools for the care of the skin.
- Often the making of shells. Cleaning the face with a mechanical or chemical peels always produce visible and tangible results, and "in the pursuit of perfection", many are starting to abuse these procedures. Constant microtrauma and inflammation of the epidermis that accompany the process of polishing the skin, causing an excessive production of sebum. To get rid of this cause, only by changing the relationship to the necessity of peeling and perform them in a way more "smooth".
In some cases, the excess oiliness of the skin can cause not one but several reasons.
Signs of oily skin
To determine the oily skin type one of the following:
- after an hour or two after the cleaning, the skin appears oily film:
- Shine (often in the region of the nose, forehead and chin);
- the frequent appearance of areas of inflammation or injury;
- enlarged pores (especially in the T-zone);
- periodic peeling of the skin;
- black and white comedones;
- the presence of coloration of the lesions;
- the appearance of scars and acne;
- stains of make-up.
How to treat oily skin?
Oily skin needs special care, and of their precision and regularity will depend largely on its appearance. Beauty treatments must be supplemented with the observance of the recommendations:
- diet: eliminate from the diet of spicy, sweet, fat, too spicy and savory dishes, alcoholic drinks, coffee and chocolate; and,
- prevention of stress: excessive stimulation of the nervous system leads to more active sebaceous glands, if it is necessary to take sedatives;
- frequent replacement pillowcase: this element of the bed linen is best to change daily, because it accumulates bacteria can cause skin inflammation and acne;
- no touching of hands to the face during the day: at the touch of the skin with dirty hands increases the likelihood of acne and large;
- respect for the skin: do not squeeze the large and black points on their own, these procedures should only be performed by a specialist, because, if done improperly, they can lead to infection and more serious complications (including sepsis);
- removing makeup before you go to sleep: a layer of cosmetics decorative interferes with the normal functioning of the skin, clogs the pores and leads to acne and sites of inflammation.
Clean the face with the oily skin should be 2-3 times a day. For this procedure, it is advisable to use warm water and special cleansers: gels or foams for this type of skin. Use to clean anibacterial soap is not recommended, as it can dry out the upper layers of the epidermis, activates the sebaceous glands and can cause the appearance of reactions of inflammation.
With oily skin should refrain completely from washing with hot water or too hot water, because of its high temperature will lead to enhanced activity of the sebaceous glands. Always use only warm water is more, it is not recommended, since the causes of the enlargement of the pores. To prevent these consequences will help you to wash your face with cool water after washing your face with the cleanser.
Cleanser gel or foam you can use a special brush or sponge for the face, which provides a more in-depth cleaning pores of sebum. Cleanser-apply to damp skin and brush or sponge are a simple massage movements for 2-3 minutes. After this, wash the face with water and clean it with a towel.
Toning and antiseptic
After the cleaning of the face, you should use a tonic or lotion for oily skin that contains zinc oxide and salicylic acid. For daily care, you should choose the means which do not include alcohol. Alcohol products should be used only when the presence of the skin of inflammatory cells . To manage these problem areas you can use tea tree oil, which has a strong antiseptic.
Oily facial skin is recommended 1-2 times a week peel that provides exfoliation of the dead skin cells from the skin and prevents the clogging of pores. For this procedure, you can use ready-made cosmetics for oily skin or that was prepared at home.
The application of creams and gels
Oily skin, like any other, needs extra hydration and nutrition. It is for this reason that we should not abandon the use of creams. To choose their needs from the needs of this skin type should not contain large amounts of fat. For oily skin use only light, non-greasy cream or a special hydrogel. Your should be made up of fatty acids, antiseptic and astringent extracts (birch, tea tree, witch hazel, eucalyptus, cedar, pine, etc.). Creams can be applied 1-2 times a day (morning and afternoon).
When choosing cosmetics for this skin type should pay attention to the media to be labeled: "that is not comedogenic". Comedogenic, that is to say, to close the pores of the oily skin can be of various dyes, thickeners and wetting agents. In some cases, the tendency to the obstruction of the light of the sebaceous glands can be customized, and to choose the means to care have a method of selection.
People with oily skin it is recommended 2-3 times a month to do a steam bath. This procedure should be used decoctions of herbs (chamomile, sage, calendula, yarrow), or expenses of them. Steam baths, it is best to do it before you go to sleep, and only after thorough cleaning of the skin. This type of treatments to improve the circulation, cleaning the pores and remove black and white spots (pimples).
For more complete care of oily skin is recommended 2-3 times a week to make masks. Such procedures eliminate and prevent the inflammation of the dry skin, deep clean pores, making them more narrow and improve the skin. For masks you can use ready cosmetics or medicinal compositions prepared at home.
Any mask is applied only to thoroughly cleanse the skin and remove according to the instructions. When this type of procedures should be adhered to and the duration of the applications.
Oily skin needs protection from harmful UV rays. Sunscreen for this skin type must not contain comedogenic components, and fragrances. You should give preference to those that have been created for sensitive skin. These creams are more gentle and do not clog the pores.
For daily use you must select funds with a SPF of 15 to 30. When you visit the beach, the pool or the Park with SPF more than 30. The application of these tools replaces the use of moisturizers or hydrogels. If necessary, a sunscreen applied to the skin repeatedly (for example, after contact with the water or at certain intervals of time).
Many anti-aging creams are too heavy for oily skin, as they contain comedogenic substances. For this type of skin is best to use anti-aging gels or serums that have a lighter texture. The composition of these anti-aging must enter antiradical and sunscreens.
To solve many of the problems associated with the fat of the skin, it also helps that you want, you can prepare at home. For their manufacture use herbs, food, essential and natural oils. When you use this type of homemade cosmetics be sure to make sure there are no allergic reactions to the components.